Enabling customers to easily and efficiently build secure exchange into their workflows is core to DataMotion’s values. Over the past year market conditions and a constraint on development resources among customers prompted our team to take a step back. To address these challenges, we introduced our new No-Code Experience to provide enterprises a simple and straightforward way to access the DataMotion Platform to embed secure exchange within their workflows. This approach enables us to meet our customers where and when they need secure messaging and document exchange, regardless of available development resources.
As the name implies, the no-code advancement is not just for developers or those with coding skills. Industry experts anticipate that half of those who leverage this development process will be individuals outside of the traditional IT department—likely making it part of your future whether you’re a developer or not. To this end, we’ll explore the basics of no-code, its benefits, where it fits into application development, and DataMotion’s role in the No-Code Revolution.
What is No-Code Development and How Does It Work?
As defined by TechTarget, no-code is a “software development approach that requires few, if any, programming skills…and instead take[s] a visual approach to software development to enable rapid delivery.” In other words, no-code development uses only a few lines of code to integrate a solution into a user’s front end. The result is an application development process that is so easy that even those with no software development skills can easily build a custom solution. Simply drag a few elements onto your workspace, adjust some settings, and you’re done. This is the very model of ease of use DataMotion is bringing to the enterprise.
‘Ease of use’ is referred to in the context of the employee and client user experience and the ability to easily log in to an application or portal for secure document and message exchange. No-code expands this concept, applying to the implementation (not just the use) of a simple and secure experience which can be executed by anyone on your team, developer or not.
Learn more about DataMotion’s No-Code Experience and how to embed our web component within your mobile app or portal.
What are the Benefits of No-Code Solutions?
No-code development is designed for simplicity and timely deployment. In fact, the phrase people use most often to describe low-code/no-code solutions is “ease of use.” The development practice’s straightforward attributes provide several benefits, including:
- Speed: Developing a solution from scratch can take up to a year or more. No-code applications allow quick implementations and reduce development time by 90%.
- Convenience: No-code makes it easy for those without development expertise (and even easier for those with coding skills) to implement solutions, regardless of available resources.
- Customization: Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions offer few customization opportunities. Conversely, no-code development offers many, providing both customizable and ready-to-use solutions with simple systems/workflows integration.
- Security and Compliance: DataMotion’s no-code solutions employ ironclad security methods, including military-grade encryption and a zero-trust policy. We perform rigorous security testing and acquire third-party validations so you don’t have to.
Build vs. Buy
Before broaching the no-code paradigm, technology leaders must step back and ask themselves the tough question of whether to build a solution themselves or to purchase from a vendor. Both approaches have benefits and drawbacks; the build vs. buy decision often comes down to the time, money, and other resources your organization is willing to expend, and how specific and unique a project use case is. An organization with ample resources that is seeking a solution to a highly-specific use case may choose to build the application themselves. An organization lacking the resources or expertise to develop the solution will usually look for a vendor to buy it from.
What do you do when you have a specific use case requiring a level of customization that most solutions on the market can’t provide, and you lack the resources to build it in-house?
You implement a no-code solution.
Bringing Your Enterprise into the Future
Now is the right time to rethink the secure communication practices your enterprise has in place. Knowing and understanding emerging technologies (and their applications and best practices) is key to keeping your customers satisfied and staying ahead of your competition.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Does your enterprise’s mobile app or web portal have secure, bi-directional customer data exchange?
- Can customers easily log in to your portal?
- Is the portal up to date and addressing your needs?
- Can your portal scale as your enterprise’s customer base expands, while providing a simple, secure, and compliant experience?
- Are you happy with your secure exchange provider?
If you answered no to even one question, it’s time to consider your options. Contact our team of security experts to learn more about how DataMotion’s no-code experience can help your enterprise without requiring development resources. Be sure to subscribe to our monthly newsletter for the latest tips, news, and best practices surrounding secure exchange, software development, and more.