Who we are.
DataMotion, Inc. is an API company that enables secure digital business. Our APIs modernize business processes by bringing together information exchange with the way employees, customers and partners want to work. We are headquartered in Florham Park, NJ.
We are looking for an experienced SQL Developer to join our software development team at our NJ headquarters. As an SQL Developer and the member of the Engineering team, you will be responsible for architecting and developing the database layer of our cloud-scale PaaS/SaaS systems. You will actively interact with other technical and product management staff. In addition to working from established specifications, you will creatively contribute and take ownership of the design and development process of our production systems.
DataMotion employees are currently working from home for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. When we return to normal operating mode, this full-time position will be a hybrid between our Florham Park headquarters and the successful candidate’s home office. We are not offering relocation for this position and are restricting our search to candidates who will be able to commute to our NJ office.
- Develop high quality database solutions with efficient, secure, cloud-scale design for DataMotion production PaaS and SaaS systems.
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL.
- Analyze SQL queries and database environment for troubleshooting and performance improvements.
- Provide statistical analysis to develop, test, and optimize databases to their full potential.
- Assist in testing efforts for database use.
- Create regular reporting summarizing key database metrics and trends to team members and Management.
- Collaborate with product developers creating applications in .NET and Java frameworks.
- Help establish best practices for a growing team of SQL Developers.
Requirements – ability to perform all the items listed in the Responsibilities section above, plus:
- 5+ years full-time experience as an SQL Developer.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft technologies, including Azure and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Excellent understanding of T-SQL programming.
- 5+ years of experience with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE).
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, Power BI and Crystal Reports.
- Demonstrated knowledge of large, relational databases and data structures.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to converse with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong quantitative skills, attention to detail, and a high aptitude for problem solving.
- Able to work as a team player with product developers, database administrators and operational personnel.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), specifically Scrum and Agile methodology.
- Computer Science: Bachelor’s degree (Required), Master’s degree (Preferred)
- Microsoft SQL certification
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Robust health (medical, dental and vision) benefits and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “SQL DEVELOPER 2021-A” subject line.
WE ARE NOT ENGAGING SEARCH AGENCIES FOR THIS SEARCH. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE A CANDIDATE.