Senior Software Engineer
Who we are.
DataMotion, Inc. is an API company that enables secure digital business. Our APIs modernize business processes by bringing together information exchange with the way employees, customers and partners want to work. We are headquartered in Florham Park, NJ.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our software development team at our NJ headquarters. As a Senior Software Engineer and a member of the Engineering team, you will be responsible for developing enterprise-class SaaS/PaaS systems, application enhancements and troubleshoot issues. You will actively interact with other technical and product management staff. In addition to working from established specifications, you will contribute creatively to the design process and take ownership of software development for assigned feature sets.
DataMotion employees are currently working from home for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. When we return to normal operating mode, this full-time position will be a hybrid between our Florham Park headquarters and the successful candidate’s home office. We are not offering relocation for this position and are restricting our search to candidates who will be able to commute to our NJ office.
- Develop SaaS/PaaS production systems and application enhancements.
- Help define the architecture, high-level design and implementation approaches for existing and new DataMotion products and services.
- Evaluate next-generation technologies and services available from Microsoft and other industry leaders and the applicability of these technologies to DataMotion.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g., Operations, Support, IT) as a subject matter expert.
- Help improve/implement best practices in software development and related areas to ensure that the company meets relevant technology standards.
- Work with a formal software development process and repository using Azure DevOps.
- Consistently meet product development goals and timelines.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the company’s systems and make recommendations for improvement.
- Mentor junior developers.
Requirements – ability to perform all the items listed in the Responsibilities section above, plus:
- 5+ years of experience in developing database driven web applications (significant Microsoft SQL Server expertise is a must).
- Expert in HTML and XML.
- Strong experience in SQL stored procedures, TSQL, and schema design with hands on experience optimizing web page performance and working with heavy data volume.
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale, multitiered application architectures, both GUI side and Server side.
- Hands-on experience using Azure DevOps or similar software development and delivery environment.
- Experience applying strong security practices in application development.
- Strong quantitative skills, attention to detail, and a high aptitude for problem solving.
- Able to work as a team player with product developers, database administrators and operational personnel.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), specifically Scrum and Agile methodology.
- Computer Science: Bachelor’s degree (Required), Master’s degree (Preferred)
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Robust health (medical, dental and vision) benefits and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER 2021-A” subject line.
WE ARE NOT ENGAGING SEARCH AGENCIES FOR THIS SEARCH. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE A CANDIDATE.