Today’s workplace can closely resemble the lyrics from Johnny Cash’s hit song, “I’ve Been Everywhere.” Whether you are logging in from the beach or the mountains, or simply commuting via hallway to living room, the modern “office” has most definitely morphed from the cube farms and water cooler hangouts we’ve known for so long. No matter where you happen to be, a lack of traditional equipment such as a scanner and printer shouldn’t stop you from conducting business and making sure you send your documents in a secure manner.
This is where the new DataMotion app comes in, with a smooth, user-friendly process and our zero-trust design, ensuring that the documents you send are fully secure on their journey from point A to point B.
The DataMotion app renders the availability of office equipment meaningless, allowing you to easily create single or multipage PDF documents with a click of the camera. The powerful (yet simple) editing tools allow you to make any edits you need, fill in information, and sign. Once you are done, send your documents quickly and securely, remaining fully compliant as your encrypted sensitive information travels to its intended destination.
Here is a quick rundown of the features and benefits we think you’ll find darn handy:
- Security Users may quickly and easily send secure, fully-encrypted documents and files.
- Compliance Every exchange in the DataMotion app is logged and tracked for verifiable compliance, keeping you well within industry and governmental requirements and regulations.
- Easy Creation Quickly create and convert documents to PDF form.
- Rapid Scanning Users may quickly scan single and multipage paper documents.
- Editing Utilize easy-to-use image and PDF editing tools, with automatic cropping of documents captured by your camera.
- Storage The DataMotion app provides up to 100 MB Cloud storage for free accounts; shares your paid account storage limits.
- Large File Transfer Send up to 20 MB per transaction.
- Retention We offer 14 days for free accounts, with default retention for your paid account. The app also offers a history tab for viewing & tracking your securely sent documents.
- Productivity The ease of use and rapid delivery will save you and your staff time, allowing users to quickly move on to the next item on the to-do list.
That’s the gist of it—create, edit, sign and securely send quickly from anywhere. But we know you have might still have questions. We have answers.
Some (Presumed) FAQs
Q: Who can benefit from the DataMotion app?
A: Anyone with an iPhone or iPad who needs to send secure documents. Whether you are a healthcare professional sending patient records from a remote setting, a county employee traveling between sites, or a financial services professional working from home, you can create, scan, sign, and send securely from anywhere, be it an airport, the coffee shop, or from your kitchen.
Q: What about people still working in an office? Can they benefit from the app?
A: Of course! Not only does our app speed up the scanning and secure sending process, allowing you to move on with other tasks, it saves you a trip to the printer. Get up from your desk on your own terms, friends.
Q: Will the DataMotion app work with my existing apps?
A: Yes! We have you covered for security and compliance–iOS Share integration adds secure delivery to documents generated by any app with Share capability.
Q: Is the app integrated with my existing DataMotion Account?
A: Yes. The DataMotion app links to your existing DataMotion account, disk quota and message retention period. In other words, the same credentials that you already use to send secure messages, documents, and emails will work on our new mobile app. (No account? No problem— create a free DataMotion Personal cloud account when you download the app.)
Q: Is this app compliant with bring-your-own-device policies?
A: Yes, for iPhones and iPads.
Q: Where Can I Download the App?
A: iPhone and iPad users will find the application in the App Store, using DataMotion as the search term.
Q: I am an existing customer. How do I link my account to the mobile app?
A: DataMotion customers must link their existing accounts to the mobile app, and can do so easily by either using a QR code or manually entering their credentials. Once you have selected and downloaded the app on your mobile device, please follow the steps below:
QR Code (located in your DataMotion dashboard)
- Go to your DataMotion portal
- Click on the “Link to the DataMotion Mobile App”
- You will see a page with a QR code and instructions
- On your mobile device, click on the “Link Your Existing Account” prompt at the bottom of the application
- On the next screen, click on the purple “Scan” icon at the bottom of the app—your iPhone or iPad’s camera will be activated
- Point your camera at the code on your computer screen
- Line up your iPhone or iPad’s screen so the QR code is in the middle
- Code will scan automatically
- Voila! You’re all set and ready to send!
Connect Your Account Manually
- Download and open the DataMotion mobile app
- Tap on the login prompt
- Enter the e-mail and password for your DataMotion portal account
- You will receive an email from us with a multifactor authorization code, which you will then enter into the app
- You’re all done and ready to scan and securely send!
Q: Anything else I need to know?
A: Yes. Be sure to use a real email address. In order to ensure you are who you say you are, we need to authenticate your email. You will be sent a two-factor authentication code at the email you provide.
Q: I cannot find my two-factor authentication email.
A: Please check your spam or junk mail folder first. If you have a Gmail account, it can take up to three to four minutes before receiving your second two-factor authentication email. Please wait until the second code comes through, and use that code to access.
Q: I requested the 2FA code be sent again and cannot find it.
A: If you have a Gmail account, it can take up to three to four minutes before receiving your second two-factor authentication email. Please wait until the second code comes through, and use that code to access. If you still cannot find the code, you can send us a support request via our website.
Q: You didn’t answer my question. Where can I find more information?
A: No worries, we address other FAQs here and have more details about the app here.
We hope you found this helpful, and that it answered your questions about our new app, its features, and benefits. Ready to scan and send? Download the app now.
Still have questions? We’re more than happy to help—send us a note.
Don’t forget to read more about DataMotion in 2021, and to subscribe to our newsletter for company and product news and updates.
See you in the App Store!