Director of Cloud and Data Center Operations
Who we are.
DataMotion, Inc. is an API company that enables secure digital business. We empower the most demanding enterprises to serve new generations of digital-first users. Our systems modernize business processes by bringing together information exchange with the way employees, customers, and partners want to work. We are headquartered in Morristown, NJ.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Director of Cloud and Data Center Operations. This (initially player-coach) position reports to the COO. The successful candidate will join the company’s management team with the mandate to take ownership of DataMotion’s technological resources.
DataMotion utilizes a hybrid workplace model with individual employees’ work performed from their home offices. Our collaborative work (e.g., meetings, strategy sessions, etc.) is done at DataMotion’s corporate headquarters in Morristown, NJ. We are not offering relocation for this position and prefer that candidates are located within commuting distance from our headquarters.
- Hands-on leadership of cloud and data center operations
- Serve as a senior-level technical point of contact for enterprise customers
- Monitor performance profiling tools and procedures
- Maintain network security with the infrastructure/support team
- Manage disaster and emergency recovery plans
- Collaborate with other department heads (e.g., sales, marketing, finance, etc.) as advisor on all technology issues
- Evaluate effectiveness of the company’s systems and make recommendations for improvement
- Develop plans and set timelines for evaluation, development and deployment of all technical, web and mobile services
- Improve/implement best practices and ensure that the company meets relevant technology standards
- Ensure the company’s technological processes and services comply with all requirements, laws and regulations
- 3+ years in a Director-level (or equivalent) operating position in a data center or public/private cloud environment; 7+ years in IT solutions and software deployment
- General knowledge of database maintenance and performance optimization
- Strong knowledge of system admin/management tools
- Excellent listening, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills; ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with peers, brand leaders, and other senior management team members throughout the company
- Proven ability to hire, scale, manage, coach and lead dynamic and diverse technical teams
- Ability to lead through change and transformation with an ability to adapt to shifting priorities
Nice to Have:
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft technologies, including Azure and SQL Server
- Scripting knowledge (e.g., PowerShell)
- Strong experience in a start-up environment
- Experience leading geographically-distributed teams
- BS or equivalent in information technology, computer engineering, computer science, or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Robust health (medical, dental and vision) benefits and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “DIRECTOR OF CLOUD AND DATA CENTER OPERATIONS 2022-A” subject line. Your application will not be considered without a resume.
WE ARE NOT ENGAGING SEARCH AGENCIES FOR THIS SEARCH. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE A CANDIDATE.