Who we are.
DataMotion, Inc. is an API company that enables secure digital business. Our solutions modernize business processes by bringing together information exchange with the way employees, customers and partners want to work. We are headquartered in Florham Park, NJ.
Are you a sales engineer, technical writer, developer, or technical trainer ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to speak, teach, write, and code with cool technology? Then let’s talk about you becoming a developer advocate for DataMotion.
As a developer advocate, you’ll raise awareness of DataMotion APIs through technical thought leadership. You’ll be empowered to build a developer community, inspiring, teaching and enabling the development of new solutions for secure digital exchange problems. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Director, you will deliver relevant content, and technical subject matter expertise in a variety of formats for developers, building and nurturing relationships with developers and influencers, online and offline. You will also be a key partner to our Sales, Engineering and Product teams, producing and conveying solutions, ideas, content, and feedback to internal teams to improve the developer and customer experience.
The ideal candidate for this position excels in a dynamic environment and is a confident communicator. You love to learn and are passionate about people and helping them solve problems with technology. You can listen and identify issues developers are trying to solve, while clearly and persuasively articulating solutions for these issues, keeping in mind the company’s mission, services, and business value.
DataMotion employees are currently working from home for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. When we return to normal operating mode, this full-time position can be based in our Florham Park headquarters, a remote work position or a hybrid. We are not offering relocation.
- Teach about and generate awareness of our APIs and source code on Stack Overflow, GitHub, blog posts, and other developer channels.
- Identify issues with secure exchange in the developer community and advocate solutions to our internal engineering teams.
- Create and deliver blogs, articles, webinars, videos, tutorials, best practices, and other relevant content demonstrating solutions for secure exchange.
- Provide feedback on DataMotion developer documentation as needed.
- Advocate DataMotion technology and solutions to our target community at conferences, hackathons, meetups, coding boot camps, online forums, Twitter, Stack Overflow, Hacker News, and other appropriate channels.
- Build relationships with key influencers, foster a healthy technical community.
- Design and create samples and reference applications closely matching our target customer use cases.
- 3+ years software development experience
- Technical aptitude and ability to write samples and reference applications (Rest and SOAP API, Java, Python, C#/VB)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; some experience with public speaking, presentations, podcasts, webinars, blog, or article writing preferred.
- Experience communicating with, presenting to multiple levels of a customer organization, including executive and C-level, and in particular developers.
- Experience growing an open-source community a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated experience in engineering, sales engineering, product training, education engineering, or similar roles. Developer advocate experience a plus but not required.
- Travel may be required (post Covid) depending on where developer events are held.
- Business Administration, Education or Software/Computer Engineering or related bachelor’s degree (required)
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Robust health (medical, dental and vision) benefits and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Developer Advocate 2021-A” subject line.
WE ARE NOT ENGAGING SEARCH AGENCIES FOR THIS SEARCH. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE A CANDIDATE