Who we are.
DataMotion, Inc. is an API company that enables secure digital business. Our solutions modernize business processes by bringing together information exchange with the way employees, customers and partners want to work. We are headquartered in Morristown, NJ.
We are seeking a Developer Advocate to raise awareness of DataMotion APIs through technical thought leadership. You’ll be empowered to build a developer community, inspiring, teaching and enabling the development of new solutions for secure digital exchange. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Marketing, you will deliver outstanding content and technical subject matter expertise in a variety of formats for relevant audiences, building and nurturing relationships with developers and influencers, online and offline.
Serving as the bridge that brings the larger dev community to DataMotion and helps the content team generate meaningful, developer-minded content, you will own developer events, contribute hot and topical content, and build the foundation for a developer community around secure exchange. You will also be a key partner to our Sales, Engineering and Product teams, delivering solutions, ideas, content, and feedback to internal teams to improve the developer and customer experience.
The ideal candidate for this position excels in a dynamic environment and is a confident communicator with the ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the company’s mission, solutions and business value to the developer community and influencers.
This full-time position will be a hybrid between our Morristown headquarters and the successful candidate’s home office. We are not offering relocation for this position and are restricting our search to candidates who will be able to commute to our NJ office.
- Teach about and generate awareness of our APIs and source code on Stack Overflow, GitHub, blog posts, and other developer channels.
- Create and deliver blog posts, articles, webinars, videos, tutorials, best practices, and other relevant content demonstrating solutions for secure exchange; Provide feedback on DataMotion developer documentation as needed.
- Advocate DataMotion technology and solutions to our target community at conferences, hackathons, meetups, coding boot camps, online forums, Twitter, Stack Overflow, Hacker News, and other appropriate channels
- Build relationships with key influencers, foster a healthy technical community
- Design and create samples and reference applications closely matching our target customer use cases
- Technical aptitude and ability to write samples and reference applications (Java, Python, C#/VB)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience with public speaking, presentations, podcasts, webinars, blogging and article writing
- Ability to communicate with, present to and influence all levels of a customer organization, including executive and C-level, and in particular developers
- Experience growing an open-source community preferred but not required
- Demonstrated experience in developer advocacy, engineering, sales engineering, product training, education engineering, or similar roles
- Experience working with 3rd party communities, social media, and blogging
- Recent experience in a start-up environment
- Travel may be required (post Covid) depending on where developer events are held
- Business Administration or Software/Computer Engineering: Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Robust health (medical, dental and vision) benefits and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Developer Advocate 2022-A” subject line.
WE ARE NOT ENGAGING SEARCH AGENCIES FOR THIS SEARCH. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE A CANDIDATE