Director of Engineering
Who we are.
DataMotion, Inc. is an API company that enables secure digital business. Our APIs modernize business processes by bringing together information exchange with the way employees, customers and partners want to work. We are headquartered in Florham Park, NJ.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Director of Engineering to join our team at the company’s NJ headquarters. As the Director of Engineering, you will have the mandate to take ownership of DataMotion’s technology stack, product development and associated technology resources.
The ideal candidate is a big picture thinker and an expert in SaaS, PaaS and cybersecurity who developed these skills while employed by commercial software companies. We are looking for someone who excels in a dynamic environment and is a confident communicator with the ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the company’s technology strategy to their staff, management peers and business partners – and translate this strategy into production systems developed by the engineering team on schedule.
DataMotion employees are currently working from home for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. When we return to normal operating mode, this full-time position will be a hybrid between our Florham Park headquarters and the successful candidate’s home office. We are not offering relocation for this position and are restricting our search to candidates who will be able to commute to our NJ office.
- Set company technical vision and lead its technological development.
- Define the architecture, high-level design and implementation approaches for existing and new DataMotion products and services.
- Daily hands-on leadership of our Development/Engineering and QA functions.
- Improve/implement best practices and ensure that the company meets relevant technology standards.
- Consistently meet product development goals and timelines.
- Master current and new industry trends in software technologies and development.
Requirements – ability to perform all the items in the Responsibilities section above, plus:
- Track record as a software technology leader successfully developing and managing development of new products.
- 3+ years as a Director of Engineering at a SaaS/PaaS company or equivalent; 5+ years managing software development teams; 10+ years hands-on full stack software development.
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale, multitiered application architectures.
- Experience applying strong security practices in application development.
- Strong experience in a start-up environment.
- Experience leading geographically distributed teams. International experience a plus.
- Excellent listening, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills; ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with peers, brand leaders and other senior management team members throughout the company.
- Proven ability to hire, scale, manage, coach and lead dynamic and diverse technical teams.
- Strong quantitative skills, attention to detail, and a high aptitude for problem solving.
- Able to work as a team player with product developers, database administrators and operational personnel.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), specifically Scrum and Agile methodology.
- Master’s degree in information technology, computer science or closely related technical field.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Robust health (medical, dental and vision) benefits and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING 2021-A” subject line.
WE ARE NOT ENGAGING SEARCH AGENCIES FOR THIS SEARCH. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE A CANDIDATE.