Director of IT Operations
Who we are.
DataMotion, Inc. is an API company that enables secure digital business. Our APIs modernize business processes by bringing together information exchange with the way employees, customers and partners want to work. We are headquartered in Florham Park, NJ.
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Director of IT Operations. This initially player-coach position reports to the COO. The successful candidate will join the company’s management team with the mandate to take ownership of DataMotion’s technological resources.
DataMotion employees are currently working from home for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. When we return to normal operating mode, this full-time position will be based in our Florham Park headquarters. We are not offering relocation for this position and are restricting our search to candidates who will be able to commute daily to our office. We are not offering relocation for this position.
- Hands-on leadership of infrastructure, operations and technical support functions
- Serve as a senior-level technical point of contact for enterprise customers
- Monitor performance profiling tools and procedures
- Maintain network security with the infrastructure/support team
- Manage disaster and emergency recovery plans
- Collaborate with other department heads (e.g., sales, marketing, finance, etc.) as advisor on all technology issues
- Evaluate effectiveness of the company’s systems and make recommendations for improvement
- Develop plans and set timelines for evaluation, development and deployment of all technical, web and mobile services
- Improve/implement best practices and ensure that the company meets relevant technology standards
- Ensure the company’s technological processes and services comply with all requirements, laws and regulations
- 3+ years as a Director of IT Operations (or equivalent position) at a SaaS/PaaS company or equivalent; 10+ years in IT solutions and deployment
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft technologies, including Azure and SQL Server
- Strong knowledge of system admin/management tools
- Strong experience in a start-up environment
- Experience leading geographically distributed teams
- Excellent listening, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills; ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with peers, brand leaders and other senior management team members throughout the company
- Proven ability to hire, scale, manage, coach and lead dynamic and diverse technical teams
- Ability to lead through change and transformation with an ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Master’s degree in information technology, computer engineering, computer science or related field
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Robust health (medical, dental and vision) benefits and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “DIRECTOR OF IT OPERATIONS 2021-A” subject line. Your application will not be considered without a resume.
WE ARE NOT ENGAGING SEARCH AGENCIES FOR THIS SEARCH. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE A CANDIDATE.