Who we are.
DataMotion, Inc. is an API company that enables secure digital business. Our APIs modernize business processes by bringing together information exchange with the way employees, customers and partners want to work. We are headquartered in Morristown, NJ.
We are looking for an experienced senior accountant to join our team at our NJ headquarters. This full time position reports to the controller.
DataMotion employees are currently working from home for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. When we return to normal operating mode, this full-time position will be a hybrid between our Morristown headquarters and the successful candidate’s home office. We are not offering relocation for this position and are restricting our search to candidates who will be able to commute to our NJ office.
- Own most areas of the GL, including the preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and reports for period-end close and audit
- Manage AR process (billing, interactions with customers, etc.)
- Manage bank reconciliations
- Serve as a backup back-up for the AP function (1099 preparation, credit card reconciliation, bills payment)
- Employee-related processes (payroll, 401(k), expense reports, etc.)
- Assist with the implementation efforts around relevant accounting systems
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Company’s business to appropriately implement and constantly improve efficient scalable accounting models
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures
- Assist on projects, ad hoc assignments, and take on new accounting tasks as needed
Requirements – ability to perform all the items listed in the Responsibilities section above, plus:
- Minimum 3 years of progressive accounting/finance experience, preferably working for software or professional services companies
- Knowledge of sales tax rules and processes
- Excellent knowledge of accounting, including ASC 606, especially as it applies to software and professional services business
- Advanced practical knowledge of MS Office suite, especially Excel (including building reports and analysis tools) and Word
- Experience working with multiple accounting/ERP systems, especially Microsoft Dynamics Business Central
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience working in a startup
- CPA or CMA certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Robust health (medical, dental and vision) benefits and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
Please include a resume with your application. Your application will not be considered without a resume.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SENIOR ACCOUNTANT 2021-A” subject line.
WE ARE NOT ENGAGING SEARCH AGENCIES FOR THIS SEARCH. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE A CANDIDATE.