Director of Product Management
Who we are.
DataMotion, Inc. is an API company that enables secure digital business. Our APIs modernize business processes by bringing together information exchange with the way employees, customers and partners want to work. We are headquartered in Morristown, NJ.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join our team at our NJ headquarters. This new position will report to the COO and will have a mandate to establish a separate project management organization within DataMotion.
DataMotion employees are currently working from home for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. When we return to normal operating mode, this full-time position will be a hybrid between our Morristown headquarters and the successful candidate’s home office. We are not offering relocation for this position and are restricting our search to candidates who will be able to commute to our NJ office.
- With the guidance from the senior executive team, develop a stand-alone product management effort within DataMotion and transition the current product management activities to the new organization
- Develop product vision, strategy, and roadmap and communicate that vision and roadmap to the stakeholders across the company
- Leverage research and analytics to make data-informed decisions; conduct market research and analyze and size market opportunities and/or existing use case performance
- Coordinate day-to-day operational product activities from vision to implementation
- Define detailed functional specifications for new products and new features of existing products
- Drive delivery of projects, from concepts, testing, branding, product design to development and launch, as well as post-launch training and communication
- Create ongoing maintenance and support plans for products that are launched
Requirements – ability to perform all the items listed in the Responsibilities section above, plus:
- 3+ years of managing of product management teams (as Director of Product Management or equivalent) at a SaaS/PaaS company or equivalent; 10+ years of product management experience
- Experience managing projects through full lifecycle from ideation and inception to implementation and delivery/release
- Experience with products/services designed for financial services, healthcare and government market verticals
- Strong quantitative skills, attention to detail, and a high aptitude for problem solving
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), specifically Scrum and Agile methodology
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment
- Experience leading geographically distributed teams. International experience a plus.
- Strong experience in a start-up environment
Nice to have
- Experience managing mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent: Bachelor’s degree (Required), Master’s degree (Preferred)
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Robust health (medical, dental and vision) benefits and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT MANAGEMENT 2021-A” subject line.
WE ARE NOT ENGAGING SEARCH AGENCIES FOR THIS SEARCH. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE A CANDIDATE.