Who we are.
DataMotion, Inc. is an API company that enables secure digital business. Our APIs modernize business processes by bringing together information exchange with the way employees, customers and partners want to work. We are headquartered in Morristown, NJ.
We are looking for an experienced contract manager to join our team at our NJ headquarters. This new position will be a part of the finance department and will be responsible for supporting contracting activities within DataMotion and will interact with a wide range of corporate functions and stakeholders (i.e. Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and IT Operations, etc.).
DataMotion employees are currently working from home for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. When we return to normal operating mode, this full-time position will be a hybrid between our Morristown headquarters and the successful candidate’s home office. We are not offering relocation for this position and are restricting our search to candidates who will be able to commute to our NJ office.
- Negotiate and revise multiple commercial contracts and transaction documents, including non-disclosure agreements, master services agreements, professional services contracts, consulting agreements, construction contracts, sales contracts, terms of service, and merchant correspondence
- Participate in ongoing contract development and management activities to ensure contracts are consistent with organizational principles of integrity and compliance
- Draft contractual provisions based on strategy discussions, senior management input, and organizational needs and expectations
- Assure accuracy and appropriateness of contract text and attachments
- Maintain our body of contract templates, playbooks, and processes
- Help develop and execute negotiation strategies that minimize risk and benefit the company’s financial performance
- Prepare contract risk assessments and engage relevant stakeholders in decisions concerning non-standard legal, regulatory, commercial and technical risks
- Participate in selection of and transition to a new contract management system
Requirements – ability to perform all the items listed in the Responsibilities section above, plus:
- 3+ years of experience, negotiating commercial contracts (NDAs, MSAs, etc.) as a member of legal or procurement departments in the software space
- In-depth knowledge of the procurement processes at large enterprise buyers of software-based services
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Strong experience in a start-up environment
Nice to have
- Experience working in a startup SaaS/PaaS company
- Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies (preferred), Business or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Robust health (medical, dental and vision) benefits and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
Please include a resume with your application. Your application will not be considered without a resume.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “CONTRACT MANAGER 2021-A” subject line.
WE ARE NOT ENGAGING SEARCH AGENCIES FOR THIS SEARCH. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE A CANDIDATE.